BLOG AND SOCIAL
Be Active, Be Healthy, Be Happy
We know you can’t get out to the gym at the moment but doing daily exercise is important for physical and mental wellbeing. Chris Hodge our favourite Leisure Manager, has come up with some handy hints to keep you motivated.
- Set realistic goals – 20 minutes is more than enough every day to keep fit. Avoid putting too much pressure on yourself and make your activity manageable.
- HIIT training – High Intensity Interval Training is a great way of blasting through a 20 minute workout with no equipment. It is short, sharp and will definitely get your heart rate up.
- Mix it up – don’t do the same workout every day or boredom will set in. You need to stay motivated. Set your workout plan for the week with a mixture of HIIT, running, cycling, weights or any other preference you may have.
- Safe but social – try Facetime or Zoom workouts with your friends, it’s more fun this way. Motivation remains high and you can encourage each other to complete the session.
- Be a morning person – morning exercise stimulates positive endorphins so by working out in the mornings you will have a better outlook on the rest of your day which will improve your overall wellbeing in a lockdown situation.